Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Serbian Chronicles to continue...

Though I always make small reminder notes of the interesting stuff I come across in
places I visit eg. Serbia, I never came close to expanding them all to full-fledged posts.
Not because I did not want to, but because the last 3 weeks have been really hectic due
to work, travel etc.

Infact I drafted this post yesterday on the train to Kerala. And that was after putting
in 3-hours of work on the train - listing out tasks for the next 3 days that I'd be working
from home, going through & cleaning up pending emails, etc. After replacing the battery,
my laptop now lasts close to 4 hours and looks like I can use some of the time I spend on
the train weekly, in a productive manner.

While blogs are partly meant to cater to an audience, which is true of my blog too, most
of the impetus for my posting here comes from other reasons. Ofcourse I am honoured
that some of my friends and other random people consider it worthwhile to spend a few
minutes of their precious time checking out what I post.

But actually I write for myself. The blog exists for the same reason that I used to write
diaries in my childhood. To help take me years later to the life I was part of years ago.
Once in a while, I take out one of the diaries from the time I was in school or college &
reading the entries there brings back vivid memories of that time years ago. The only
difference is that while my blog is public, my diaries are not.

I came across a lot of interesting people in Serbia, different food and customs, cars,
buildings, hotels, awesome parks etc. If I don't jot them down somewhere, I am sure
to forget some of it atleast. So, a blog post on these would help save these thoughts for
years to come and in the lonely days of old age, maybe I can go check out all the old
posts and relive the experience.

Another reason to write this blog is for my family. Even though I talk to them daily,
I don't obviously have the time to tell them everything I want to about the places I
visit. A blog makes it easy for them to come read up and get updated. My sisters and
wife make it a point to check my blog atleast once a week (they dont have the time to
get on the net daily, like many of us here).

And ofcourse, I hope this blog will help my son know what life was like in his father's
time.

So, the Serbian chronicles will continue, though posts might be delayed due to work
taking up most of my time.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:59 AM

    have n`t u found some time to update more?

    ReplyDelete