Tuesday, October 13, 2009

It's raining in Belgrade.

We left work late (around 8PM) and I had my sweater slung around my neck. The security
guard was aghast and went, "It is freezing outside. You need to wear the sweater, not sling
it around your neck."

While I would have liked to ignore the advice and move on, I decided to heed his words and
wore the sweater, which was good because by the time we walked the 2 kms to the hotel, it
was getting cold.

We picked up some food on the way - shawarma, pizza slices and broccoli-bajji and settled
down in front of the TV. A colleague had come down from Chennai today and while he was
sharing his travel experience, I decided to walk down to the reception.

It was raining outside and coupled with the cold wind, this meant that no one was on the
streets. There still were trams and buses plying and ofcourse people zipping around in
their cars, but there was no one on the streets.

It felt nice to watch the rain. Very different from the heavy rains in Kerala, but still it
always feels nice to watch the rains. All I missed was a hot cup of tea and a nice book
to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment