Saturday, October 17, 2009

The car that put India on wheels is very much in Belgrade too.

Serbia is a dream come true for any car lover. Reason being that the variety of cars
seen here is unimaginable. You see a spanking new Merc S-class parked alongside a
decade-old Yugo or Lada. You have Japanese / European / American / Indian cars
and any other that you can imagine. And almost all the cars you have back home in
India, are available here -Spark, Optra, Accent, i10, Santro, Aveo, U-VA etc.

But nothing made me feel as glad as the sight of our very own M-800 on the streets of
Belgrade, complete with the "Maruti Suzuki" tag, which means that these are "Made in
India". Remember the Alisha Chinai video featuring Milind Soman that came a decade
or more ago, titled "Made in India" ?

Some M800s I spotted at Belgrade. The look like the M800 we have in India, but have
some must-have-here features like rear-demister, rear-wiper etc. I wonder if they come
with powersteering too here.


The M-800 has always been special for me. It not only put India on wheels, but that was
our first car, the first car I drove and the car with which there was such a special bond.
It was with us for 19 years without ever breaking down even once. And that car is why I
respect Japanese quality so much and why I would always buy only Japanese cars.

Cheers to the "Made in India" tag going places.

P.S. : I am doing a full-length thread on the Serbian car-scene on my car-forum and thus
won't really be repeating the stuff here, due to lack of time. If any of you want to know
more about what the car-scene in Belgrade and view snaps of cars available here, please checkout this linky.

No comments:

Post a Comment