Friday, October 30, 2009

The 2nd hair-cut.

Till some 2 months ago, my wife used to trim Aman's hair, which was possible only when
he is sleeping because otherwise he won't sit still while she was at it. Ofcourse, this was'nt resulting in a proper haircut & we decided that it was time for him to get a proper haircut
at the neighborhood barber-shop.

I have no idea whether he would sit still and allow the barber to trim his hair, but I decide
to give it a try. As he sits in a nearby chair, I get myself a haircut first. The idea is that he
sees me getting a haircut and understands that this is a normal thing and nothing to be
afraid of. As expected, he curiously watches as I get my hair cut.

Then when it is his turn, I decide to take it easy the first time. Instead of him sitting alone
in the chair, I seat him on my lap and the barber trims his hair. Overall, he was pretty still during the process.

Last week it was time for the 2nd haircut. Again, I had my hair cut first with him watching.
This time around, I felt he could sit on the chair on his own and have the hair-cut done. A
thick cushion is put on the chair and Aman is seated on it.

Last time there was no cloth around the neck, so I wonder if he will allow it or not.
But even though he finds it odd, he allows the cloth to be around him. And for most
of the time, he was still except when trimmed hair fell on his cheeks, which triggers
an itch. Ofcourse I was nearby to brush off the hair from his face and at the end of
the haircut, the barber was appreciative of the fact that he sat still and did not make
a fuss, like some other kids do.

Some snaps I took of Aman at his 2nd hair-cut.




It is kind of funny to see him all wrapped up in the pink cloth. At the same time from the
way he is sitting so still and calm, there is no indication of the naughty kid he usually is. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment