Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Twitter. And why it's good to act busy.

I am digging into a plate of tasty 'chicken biryani' at lunch. It's been a long time since I had a well-prepared chicken biryani & I am enjoying each morsel. As if to interrupt my pleasure,
my cellphone rings.

It's a friend who wants to know what "Twitter" is all about. Actually her boss wants to know
and has tasked her to find out. While I don't twit (heck, I don't even find time to update my
blog, forget twitting), I do know what it is all about & give her a gist of the whole thing.

She hangs up & I return to my chicken biryani. After the lunch, am just shooting the breeze
with some colleagues, when she calls up again.

What's your boss doing enquiring about Twitter? Is he gonna start twitting?

I have no idea. He asked me if I know about it and since I did not, I told him I will check and
let him know. And that's when I called you.

Oh, OK.

He asked me whether I got it clarified by my husband.

And..

Well, I told him that my husband is a very busy man who doesn't have time for such trivia
and that I checked with a friend who works in I.T. and doesn't have much to do anyway &
has lots of spare time on his hands.

!?!?!?!?!

See, you should not help people. All it gets you is a label of not being busy enough. Guess I
should've stuck to polishing off the chicken biryani, instead of taking the call, which might
have given the impression that I was too busy to even attend my phone calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment