Monday, June 08, 2009

The sweet, yellow delicacy that's not (usually) destined for man.

I am not ready to give up inspite of a couple of failed attempts at trying to pick the smaller version of jackfruit (aanjili-chakka in local lingo) without it getting damaged during its brief descend from the tree to my hands.

After seeing 3 ripe ones just 8 feet-or-so from the ground, I decide to give it another try yesterday. And guess what, this time I am successful in netting the fruits without much
damage.

I remove the external covering and extract the edible part to a container. They look like miniature jackfruit - down to the shape and color.


I think it would be a nice idea to bring some of this to Chennai for friends who would not
be even aware that a fruit like this even exists.


I was a little worried how it would last the 13-odd hours of travel to Chennai, but when I
put it in the fridge today morning, they looked fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment