Wednesday, November 25, 2009

It was already a small world. The internet shrunk it even more.

Every now and then I check out the sitemeter statistics of my blog, just to know who is
visiting my blog, from which country and how do they land up here. Is it while searching
for something else or direct to read my posts ?

Today the total visitor count showed 4500, a nice round figure and I went through the
stats. My normal daily hit-rate is like 7-8 visitors, which I know is miniscule compared
to the hits many blogs get. But when I saw that in just the early hours of today, there
were like 10 visitors, I became curious. There had to be some reason for this activity.

I checked details of some of the visits & found that one of the visitors had been referred
by http://www.ambassador-serbia.com/2009/11/24/the-beauty-of-serbian-women/ Wondering why this site would refer my blog, I go there and see that they have featured
my email about "more beauty per square metre".

This is the first time I have come across a website featuring my post and have to admit
that it felt good. To quote from the feature, "Last month, we wrote about an Indian
guy who spent a week working in Serbia saying that Serbian women are the most
beautiful on earth. Back in India, he’s still amazed with the beauty of Serbian women
& goes on to write another blog post about Serbian women. In fact, it’s an email that
he has sent to his colleagues a few days after landing at Belgrade. The email is so good
that I ended up including the whole thing, because it’s too good not to read — but check
out Indiandream’s site directly"

Since they would be moving to another feature (about Serbia) soon, I thought it would be
nice to have a snapshot of the blog as it looks now - below.


Apparently, this blog is about anything Serbian & the idea of this blog is to promote Serbia
and dispel any negative myths about the country. Nice effort and a well-designed site too.

And guess what, these guys do a good research on their posts too. They dug up the "I am"
poem from my archives which is like 4 years old and where I had mentioned that Keralite women are the most beautiful on earth. In the context of my "Serbian women post", it
would look like after visiting Serbia, my impression about Keralite women has changed. :-)

So, to clarify :
It is not like I changed my mind after seeing Serbian women. The crux of my post on Serbian women was about abundance of beauty ie. the ratio of beautiful women to
total women in Serbia was high. This is what puzzled me enough to write that post.

In India (all the states) and other countries also, there are amazingly beautiful women.
But what IMHO differentiated Serbia from these countries is that the %age of beautiful
women in the population is more in Serbia.

So, yeah, there are beautiful women in India, Japan, US, Belgium etc, but the ratio of
beautiful women to total female population is more in Serbia. Hope this clears things.

It sure is a small world. I post something - google spreads the word - someone from
faraway Serbia picks it up - I find out that they have picked it up - and post about it
here. Amazing, to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment