Thursday, September 10, 2009

If God were a car-afficiando, would he ...

I am driving to work and as is my norm, I am checking out other cars on the road. I do
not miss reading the stickering on the rear wind-screen, which is a common practice in Tamilnadu. Normally this would mean having the names of all the kids in the family on
the windscreen. And in rare cases, the list extends to cousins, neighbour's kids etc.

Anyway, as I am nearing my office, I have a pink Estilo in front of me. A pink car is in
itself something most of us can't imagine. But think of the double whammy when the
car is the, ummm not-so-good-looking Estilo. I try to visualise how the whole purchase
process would have happened for this car.

So, this guy goes to a Suzuki showroom and says, "Hey, I want to buy an Estilo". I am
sure the sales guy would have been both surprised and overjoyed. Surprised because
he can't imagine someone wanting to buy a car that looks like a baby-Innova (and that
is not a compliment, given how the Innova's frontal view looks). Overjoyed because
finally he can get rid of the Estilo that has been taking upspace in the yard for years.

Imagine how he would have felt when the next statement from the customer is "And
can I have it in pink, please ?". But then, I am sure he would have been told during
sales-training that the customer is king and to give the customer what he wants. So,
he would order a Pink Estilo, which I am sure would have all the guys in the ordering
chain upto the company's factory in Gurgaon smirking and going, "Hey look at this guy.
He has ordered an Estilo and guess what, he wants it in pink".

Anyway, why should I bother ? It is his money and he can buy any car in any color.
I am more interested in the stickering on the rear windscreen, which says "Everly
Precia" on the top and "God's Precious Gift" at the bottom. I know of no words in the
English language called "Everly" or "Precia" - so make a mental note to google it up
as soon as I reach work.

Coming to "God's Precious Gift", I wonder what God would do if he/she were an auto
enthusiast ? Would he/she really roll-out a pink Estilo from his assembly-line to gift
his/her devotee ?

Being a mere mortal, I have no idea about the thought process of the Almighty (be it
Jesus or Allah or Mangadu Amman), but if he/she had even a bit of auto-enthusiasm
in them, I am sure they would not let a pink Estilo roll out of their heavenly-factory.

P.S. : I googled "Everly Precia", but without much success I should say.

1 comment:

  1. Gopi said...
    Well i saw the same pink color estilo next to my residence. Yes at the first place, i shocked to see a car with that color. But what caught my attention is the caption in the rear window (Everly Precia at the top and Gods precious gift at the bottom.) When i reached my office and goggled for these captions, i found this article. At least you imagined the purchase process. But I can’t even imagine a guy going for a car that looks like a baby-inova and that too for the girlish color; and those weird captions in the rear window.

    ReplyDelete