Friday, August 01, 2008

Finally, it has reached India. Not bad, this UPS shipment tracking.

I had posted here about the Shimano fishing gear that I had ordered from the US on the
25th of July. Have been waiting impatiently for it for the last one week hoping against hope
that it would reach me latest by today so that I could try it out at Kerala during my stay
there this weekend.

The order had a tracking number in it which I used to track the progress of the shipment.
It's quite cool to see how my shipment first did the rounds of the USA, then travelled to HongKong and from there to the Philippines. See the tracking sheet below.



When I looked up today, I was delighted to see that it had finally hit Indian shores at Mumbai (Bombay) in the early hours today. However, I do not think it will reach Chennai today before
I leave for Kerala. In all probability, it will reach my office (I asked it to be shipped there)
either tomorrow or on Monday.

Hmm. Looks like I will have to wait till the long Independence day weekend of 15-17 August
to use the equipment, which is when I will be going to Kerala next. Well, the wait better be
worth it. As in resulting in reeling in some good catch.

No comments:

Post a Comment