Monday, August 20, 2007

A lazy Sunday photo-blog

Had been to Kerala again last week for 4 days. Main reason for the visit to attend a friend's wedding - yes, the friend about whom I had posted here, who wanted only a nurse as his wife. And yes, he did finally get a nurse as his wife.

Since the trip was planned at the last moment, I did not get reservations in the usual train
which arrives at my home-station at a normal 9AM. Instead, had to take a train that would deposit me there at an ungodly 5AM. Set an alarm on the mobile phone for 4:30AM and
went off to sleep. However was woken up much earlier by the ruckus created by passengers who had to detrain at stations before mine. Anyway, reached home at 5:30AM with not much sleep.

Normally I would've just hit the bed, but decided to go for a long leisurely walk through the countryside. The plan was to take a route that I have never taken before. Even though it's
my hometown, there still are lots of places I have never been.

So, off I hit the road with my camera. Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I would let
my camera do the talking.

1) Lotus blooming in the field.




2) Don't let the water and canoe misle you into thinking that this is a river.
It's a field that got submerged in the heavy monsoon that Kerala gets every year.




3) People taking the boat to attend Sunday mass. Yeah, like you and me would take the bus or train. :-)



4) The boatman rows across the river to get the next set of people.




5) This young chap was all along watching me with curiosity and was sportive when I asked him to pose for a snap.

6) Nothing to beat some fishing on a Sunday. What say ?




7) Our parish church - awaiting the faithful on a Sunday morning.




All in all, it was worth the time and effort. Should do more of such exploring next time I am there.

No comments:

Post a Comment