Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Back again in "the safest city in the world".

Yes, am back in Tokyo for another 3-week visit on work (how I wish I could be here on
vacation). But then, if wishes were horses, software engineers would fly.

Anyway, was looking forward to seeing new stuff and also blogging about them.
But this trip looks like it would be hectic. Am already on the 4th day here and I
am yet to do 3 things that I love and which I usually do when I visit a new place.

In no particular order, they are "walking around the city and taking in the sights",
"photographing anything interesting" and "trying out the local beer". But then I did
not factor in the hectic schedule that awaited me here. Suffice it to say that my
walking shoes are yet to be unpacked, the camera has not been touched and I am
yet to drink even one beer.

Hey Will, if you are reading this, I miss the fun we had during the last visit here, the
trying out various cuisines, the karaoke bars etc.

All I hope is atleast I get to indulge in the three activities during the weekend.
And ofcourse be able to blog once in a while.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:30 AM

    dude... all I can say is don't let them work you to death. At least if they say you should leave on a Friday extend your stay by a couple of days to get in some R&R time. Tokyo's deserves at least that and so do you!
    -Will
    PS You need to check out the Train Bar in Roppongi. It's close to Hard Rock Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:17 PM

    Hey B, tell the girls at Julie's (Champion) that Big T said howdy from Atlanta. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:10 PM

    "But then, if wishes were horses, software engineers would fly."

    I give up....What does this mean?

    Big T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will, hopefully this weekend should be better - look forward to going to Champion karaoke, but not sure how much fun it would be going alone. Anyway, will give it a try. We fly out only on Sunday, so that gives me another Saturday.

    T,
    Sure will tell the girls that you remembered them. :-)

    And, that wishes-horses thing was just a play on the saying, "If wishes were horses, beggars would fly". Just to indicate that atleast for sometime now, coming to Japan on vacation would remain just a wish, for me.

    I might be in Atlanta this year - will catch up with you if it happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous6:03 PM

      beggars would ride?

      Delete