Thursday, November 02, 2006

Kerala Piravi - Golden anniversary of the creation of Kerala state

It is 1st November again and a big day for all Keralites. OK, not as big as Onam maybe,
but nevertheless important. And this year it is extra special as it is the Golden Anniversary.

A Happy Birthday to GOD's Own Country.

Lots of emails from Mallu friends with photographs capturing the beauty of Kerala.
Actually, is it really possible to capture her beauty using a camera ? I have tried many
times and even though the photos came out pretty good, I always felt that it looked
much better in reality.


Of all the photos (of beaches, backwaters, kathakali artist, pookkalam, tea estates,
waterfalls etc) that came in, what really attracted me was the following caricature
and the accompanying lines (which I am told were written by Malayalam poet Vayalar).

Pardon my ignorance as inspite of being a Keralite, I have spent almost all my life outside
Kerala. Well, what's new about that, right ?


A rough translation for the benefit of non-Mallus would go as below :

Are there people who have lived in this place to their heart's content ?
Are there people who have lived here and loved to their heart's desire till their last breath ?

Please give me another life on this beautiful shore,

Please give me another life here...

1 comment:

  1. Kerala is most popular place for the tour that you can easily visit during your weekend. This place is wonderful for the tourist to exploring lots of beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete