Saturday, April 24, 2010

Multiplying and then vanishing - hope the predators did not make it

Yesterday night, before hitting the bed, I have a look at the pigeon maternity ward outside my bedroom-window on the aircon top. I am surprised to see 2 eggs now. Ha, where did this other one come from suddenly ?


But no sign at all of the parents, which is surprising given that it is close to midnight.

Anyway, more surprises await me in the morning when I check out the nest. There are no eggs there !!! Dont know what transpired during the night. Did the birds move to another place with their eggs, if it is possible for them to do it ? Or did the predators finally make it, seeing no parents around ?

I was looking forward to seeing the tiny ones hatch, grow up and then fly away. But looks like I am not lucky enough.