Wednesday, August 19, 2009

All good things have to come to an end. Sigh !!!

Yeah, today (it is 12:50AM now and technically Wednesday) happens to be the last
day of my vacation and I catch the evening train to Chennai. The last 5 days have
been fun - was nice to spend time with my son.

And yes, I have seen the movie Vaaranam Aayiram (VA) so many times in the last
5 days, that if anyone mentions the name of the movie, I might puke. My wife did
tell me how crazy my son was about this movie - but his craziness far exceeded my
wildest imagination. This kid wakes up in the morning and the first thing he says is,
"Amma, switch on the TV, I want to see the movie". Just incredible.

Apart from watching VA & baby-sitting my son, I helped my wife/Dad/Mom around
the house, and guess what I also managed to put in some hours daily for my project.
I have some chores lined up for today & hopefully should be able to get them done too.

Having spent more than half the week at Kerala, I will be spending this weekend at
Chennai. Usually a rare weekend spent at Chennai is pretty leisurely - waking late,
buying and reading all the 3 main English newspapers, some cooking and stuff. But,
this weekend, I have the medicine-man dropping by at Chennai.

This is a friend and colleague dropping in from the States on a 10-day vacation, of
which he will be spending a weekend at Chennai with me and our gang of friends.
He calls himself the medicine-man because he is coming down from the states with
a big load of medicines for Swine flu. Naah, he is no doctor or quack. He is carrying
with him the choicest of liquor for us & he says that alcohol would make mince-meat
of any virus. :-)

It's been a long time since I had a night-out with friends and I have no qualms giving
up a weekend for friends. It would be nice to spend time talking about old times & the
funny incidents we had during our assignments at Atlanta and Japan. And ofcourse try
out some exotic medicines that he has lugged down for us all the way from Atlanta and
the duty-free shops at Frankfurt. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment