Friday, July 03, 2009

The Ferrari replica series at Shell gas-stations.

For those not in the know, the convenience stores at Shell gas-stations are selling a 6-car
range of miniature Ferrari replicas for 100 bucks a car. The following snap shows the 6
models on sale.



Pic courtesy : http://lewis1882.wordpress.com/2007/08/11/shell-ferrari-cars

These are Chinese-make and not very well-built, but not a bad deal for 100 bucks.
I bought one a few weeks ago and found it to be good enough for the price. And since
my son loved it and "Ferrari" also became a part of his vocabulary, I went yesterday
and bought the remaining 5 cars to make a complete set.

I can see the joy on my son's face when I will be giving him these cars tomorrow.
Hopefully it will make up for my missing last weekend with him. He was expecting that
I would be there on Saturday as usual and was a bit miffed when I could not make it.

Makes a nice buy if you have a kid like mine that's crazy about cars.

P.S.-1 : For first-timers to Shell outlets, the service experience can be a pleasant surprise
like I myself experienced. The staff greet you with a "Vanakkam", which is a Tamil greeting
and are extremely courteous and helpful.

P.S.-2 : If my friends who swear by the petrol/diesel from Shell outlets are to be believed,
it is worth paying a buck or two more per petrol/diesel here, since your car not only returns more mileage due to the fuel being pure and the quantity delivered being accurate, it keeps
the engine clean and healthy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment