Thursday, December 11, 2008

The image that stays on long after the guns fell silent.

It is close to 2 weeks now since the audacious terrorist attack at Mumbai (previously known
as Bombay). Many innocent lives were lost in the attack, leaving many families in mourning.
And I am not talking about the 9 terrorists who died. They anyway had come prepared to die. And they deserved to die.

For the life of me, I have never understood what these guys gain by killing innocent people.
How does it further their cause ? Does it not actually make people stand up against them and
the cause they espouse ?

One of the images that will remain in my memory for a long time to come is the picture of
little Moshe crying. His Jewish parents were killed in the attack and being a parent myself,
it feels so heart-rending every time I am reminded of the innocent kid who lost his parents
for no fault of his.



I see the crying kid and it reminds me of my son. Even imagining how my son would feel in similar circumstances is painful for me. My heart goes out to the kid and I hope he is not in
any way scarred by the violence he saw at so young an age.

I hope and pray that he has caring relatives to bring him up well, in the absence of his parents.
May God bless him.

No comments:

Post a Comment