Saturday, December 20, 2008

How about leading by example, Chief Minister ?

The other day I came across an article in the newspaper about the CM of Tamilnadu
getting all sad & pained about how today most Tamil parents were not giving their kids
Tamil names.

I am neither for or against naming kinds the Tamil way or Kerala way or whatever. I would think that it should be the prerogative of the parents to decide the names of their kids, with
the only caveat being that it should not be something really dumb or something that will
make them the butt of jokes all through their lives.

For example, the previous weekend I was looking up my name on the railway chart and
came across someone named 'Alpha'. If this person had siblings, I am sure they would
have been named Beta, Gamma and so on...

But the first thought that came to mind on reading the CM's exhortation was how could he
ask people to do something which he himself did not do ? I mean, one of his sons is named
Stalin, which is not even an Indian name, forget being a Tamil name.

I think politicians just can't help shooting their mouth off.

No comments:

Post a Comment