Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Palin falls for prank call by Canadian radio comedians.

This came in yesterday's Deccan Chronicle. The Republican vice-presidential candidate falls for a prank call. The conversation is pretty hilarious, especially the hunting part and about Carla Bruni, the French President's wife. Read on.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pretending to be French President Nicolas Sarkozy, two Canadian radio comedians tricked US vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin into talking to them for about seven minutes on Saturday afternoon.

Marc-Antoine Audette, a member of comedy duo Masked Avengers on Montreal radio station CKOI, said they talked about a whole range of issues — from politics to hunting with vice-president Dick Cheney — in reference to Mr Cheney’s shooting of a friend during a bird hunting trip in 2006.

When one of the pranksters told Ms Palin that “I see you as a President one day, too”, she replied: “Maybe in eight years.” When the Sarkozy impersonator told Ms Palin that “we have such great respect for you”, she said: “John McCain and I, we love you and thank you....” At the end, when the prankster tells Ms Palin that she has been tricked, her aides snap the conversation line.

The pranksters — Audette and Sebastian Trudel — said it took them four days of persistent efforts to get through to Ms Palin. Excerpts from the phone call:

Sarah Palin: This is Sarah.
Masked Avengers: Ah, yeah, Governor Palin.

Palin: Hello.
Avengers: Just hold on for President Sarkozy, one moment.

P: Oh, it’s not him yet, they’re saying. I always do that.
A: Yes, hello, governor Palin.

P: Hello, this is Sarah, how are you?
A: Fine, and you? This is Nicolas Sarkozy speaking, how are you?

P: Thank you sir, we have such great respect for you, John McCain and I. We love you and thank you for taking a few minutes to talk to me.
A: I follow your campaigns closely with my special American adviser Johnny Hallyday, you know?

P: Yes, good.
A: You see, I got elected in France because I’m real and you seem to be someone who’s real, as well.

P: Yes, yeah. Nico, we so appreciate this opportunity.
A: You know I see you as a President one day, too.

P: Maybe in eight years.
A: Well, I hope for you. You know, we have a lot in common because personally one of my favourite activities is to hunt, too.

P: Oh, very good. We should go hunting together.
A: Exactly, we could try go hunting by helicopter like you did. I never did that. Like we say in French, on pourrait tuer des bebe phoques, aussi (we could kill some baby seals, also).

P: Well, I think we could have a lot of fun together while we’re getting work done. We can kill two birds with one stone that way.
A: I just love killing those animals. Mmm, mmm, take away life, that is so fun. I’d really love to go, so long as we don’t bring along vicepresident Cheney.

P: No, I’ll be a careful shot, yes... You know, I look forward to working with you and getting to meet you personally and your beautiful wife. Oh my goodness, you’ve added a lot of energy to your country with that beautiful family of yours.
A: Thank you very much. You know my wife Carla would love to meet you, even though you know she was a bit jealous that I was supposed to speak to you today.

P: Well, give her a big hug for me.
A: You know my wife is a popular singer and a former top model and she’s so hot in bed. She even wrote a song for you.

P: Oh my goodness, I didn’t know that.
A: Yes, in French it’s called De rouge a levre sur un cochon (Lipstick on a pig), or if you prefer in English, Joe the Plumber... it’s his life, Joe the Plumber... I just want to be sure. That phenomenon Joe the Plumber. That’s not your husband, right?

P: That’s not my husband but he’s a normal American who just works hard and doesn’t want government to take his money.
A: Yes, yes, I understand we have the equivalent of Joe the Plumber in France. It’s called Marcel, the guy with bread under his armpit.

P: Right, that’s what it’s all about, the middle class and government needing to work for them. You’re a very good example for us here.

A: Governor Palin, I love the documentary they made on your life. You know Hustler’s Nailin’ Paylin?
P: Ohh, good, thank you, yes.

A: I really loved you and I must say something also, governor, you’ve been pranked by the Masked Avengers. We are two comedians from Montreal.
P: Ohhh, have we been pranked? And what radio station is this?

A: CKOI in Montreal.
P: In Montreal? Tell me the radio station call letters.

A: CK... hello?

No comments:

Post a Comment