Wednesday, December 14, 2005

What is a friend to me ?

Someone whom I can trust,
With my most intimate secrets.
Whom I can look up to,
To hear my sob-story;
When I am down in the pits.

Someone who takes me for what I am,
Knowing me like I know myself.
Never expecting me to put on a false facade,
Who instinctively whistles along to my favourite songs.
Knowing the rush of emotions, it arouses in me.

Someone who is there to make me look brave,
When inside I am really trembling like a leaf;
At the prospect of proposing to my college crush.
Who then, convinces me ever so diplomatically;
That rejection by a girl, is not the end of the world.

Someone who always has the time,
To get drunk with me and stay up all night;
Talking girls, life and other trivia.
Who always has a solution for all the stupid problems,
That I get myself into, every now and then.

Someone who keeps in touch regularly,
Not being mad that I did not return his call;
That I did not mail him in a long time.
Who never lets his ego come in the way.
Of the relationship that I share with him.

Someone who makes me go wild with Joy;
Just by thinking that I have him as a friend;
Knowing that he'll be there for me, when it matters most.
Who gives my existence a reason to be happy about,
And my drab Life a whole new meaning.

Someone who knows that the value of a gift,
Is not in the amount of money it costs;
But in the precious time spent;
Arriving at the perfect present,
That he knows, will make my day memorable.

Someone, who makes me feel.
That there's nothing else I need;
To ask from the Creator.
That just having him as my Friend,
Makes me the richest person in the world.

P.S.: The "friend" here is referred to in the masculine gender.
But this in no way implies that only Guys make Good friends.

------------------------------------------------------
© 1999 - 2005 Biju Rajan - Inca Red Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment