Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Rains @ Kerala - and stills that convey falling rain

I was at Kerala some weeks ago, combining the weekend with 2 days of work from home, when it was raining like crazy. While I do like the rains, it can become bothersome if you are working(power goes off, can't hear people over the phone due to the roar of the rains etc) and after a few hours of it, I could swear I was done with rains.

A Mallu colleague @ our Chennai office comes on the instant messenger and asks if it is raining. I tell him that nothing seems to be happening other than rain and I am sorta fed up. Ofcourse he being at hot Chennai, the idea of pouring rains makes him home-sick and the least he could do to satisfy his desire is to atleast see it pouring in a snap. He requests me to take a few snaps of the rain, which I am OK with, though I wonder how we can capture rains in a still photo.

Anyway, I step out onto the porch and take these 3 snaps, which I send to all the mallu-crowd at work. One of them replies, "Nice snaps. I could actually see the rains in your snaps and feel it sitting here". Posting below the snaps I took.

When it is raining, it is bliss to sit/lie on the swing, reading a book or drink a cup of tea/coffee.


This was taken around noon, but look how dark it has become.


Wish a still-photo could capture the swaying trees too. :-)