Friday, May 07, 2010

Travel clouds are forming again...

Another trip to Belgrade (Serbia) is in the offing, tentatively starting 2nd week of June and for a little over 2 weeks. One side of me is overjoyed at the chance to travel after a long time and to a city I like. Plus ofcourse, who would not want to get away from the insanely hot Chennai summer for a few weeks ?

But another side feels down about being away from my son for 3-odd weeks. When I went to Serbia last October, he was only about 2 years old and had just started learning to articulate himself. But in the 6-odd months that have passed since, not only has his vocabulary increased a lot, but he now knows a lot more about things around him. He even has a list of things ready for me to get for him from Serbia and topping the list is a "BIG gun" - not sure what this is with boys and guns. Must be like girls and Barbies. And ofcourse the customary chocolates, toy-cars etc.

I hope the tough-to-pronounce volcano in Iceland subsides completely in the coming weeks and does not cause any flight cancellations / delays etc. And I hope I get to make maximum use of the 2 weekends I have in Belgrade to get to know the place much better than I could do last time.