Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A pat on the back.

I was flipping through the pages of the "India Today" weekly news magazine at our office reception yesterday. There was a time a year or so ago when I used to buy all the 3 main
English news magazines (The Week and Outlook being the other two) on a weekly basis.

But over the years, not only did they hike the cover price, but also increased the number of advertisements in them, which meant I was paying to read advertisements for which these
guys already had taken handsome money from the advertiser. So quit buying the rags.

I don't usually read the editorial on the first page, but yesterday due to some strange reason,
I happened to go through the whole editorial by the Editor-in-chief, Mr.Aroon Purie and it
was a feeling of deja-vu. I felt like I was reading my last blogpost titled
"A big Hurray for India. Especially the Indian voter."

The editorial outlined the same stuff that I mentioned in my post - the Indian voter being intelligent, being happy about it not being a hung parliament, the Left being routed, the local satraps being shown their place, and last but not the least the PM-wannabes being shown
their rightful place.

It felt good to know that my views were on the same lines as that of the editor of a premier
news magazine. While I do keep abreast of all relevant current events, I still cannot hold a
candle to the knowledge and astuteness of someone who helms a reputed news magazine.
Feels good to know that my views are in sync with that of the big boys of media.

P.S. : I wanted to post the editorial here, but it is not yet available on their website.
Will post it as soon as it is uploaded there.

No comments:

Post a Comment