Monday, October 13, 2008

Finally its monsoon season in Chennai. Yippee !!!

Looks like the monsoon has finally set over Chennai. It has been raining on and off for the
past few days and from yesterday the intensity has been increasing. Today morning, when
I was driving to work, the showers were strong enough to reduce visibility. And this inspite
of the windscreen wipers running at the highest possible speed.

To say that it was raining cats and dogs would be an understatement. While I do love rains
like any true Keralite, there is only so much rains that Chennai can handle. Even with a brief
5-minute shower, the roads get flooded, resulting in traffic snarls.

So, while I hope it rains now and then, which would also help the water reservoirs around Chennai get full, I also hope the rains are spaced out well over the course of the month, so
as to not flood this city.

Now, if only I could sit at my balcony at home, with a cup of steaming filter coffee in one
hand and the newspaper in the other, just looking at nature in its wet glory.

Aah, if wishes were horses ....

No comments:

Post a Comment