Thursday, June 05, 2008

With love for all (girls) and hatred towards none.

This happened just when I was thinking in terms of having a few posts based on "Love',
which is supposed to make the world go round. But since I will have to draw on my personal experience with love, and due to the fact that I am quite irregular in my postings, I am not
really sure when this series of posts on love will finally make it to this blog.

Anyway, coming to the point, I came across graffiti of a different kind today. The usual type
that you see in India (on tables in schools/colleges, buses, trains, mountains, temples, places
of historical interest etc) is about some person (usually male) professing love for some lady,
with her name mentioned prominently.

However, this guy surely wanted to stand out in the crowd. In the elevator in our office
building, he had scribbled out "I love CTS girls" on the black plastic panel, with something
sharp. Since the background is black and it is not written with ink, this is not visible normally, but can be made out only on closer examination.

I have seen people come across this accidentally, then do a closer examination and finally
smiling to themselves after having read it fully. CTS, for those who don't know, is the acronym
for Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp, a widely known sofware consulting company in India.

They occupy some 3 floors of the total 8 floors in the building where our office is housed. They are a big company with scores of offices in Chennai, other Indian cities and around the world. They have on their rolls many members of the fairer sex and as per local guy lore, a very high percentage of them are visually pleasing to the eye.

Which I guess is what led to our hero getting confused as to whom of them to love. So, he took
the easy way out by professing love for all of them. So no one gets offended and everyone is happy. For, ain't it said that, "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" ?

No comments:

Post a Comment