Monday, June 16, 2008

Travelling 275 kms a day is not fun. No wonder I am tired to even blog.

Well, the "275 kms per day" part is only partially true.
It is true, if we go by the distance I travel in a week, averaged over a day. But, it is erroneous
if it implies that I do 275 kms each day of the week.

I have been doing weekly trips to Kerala almost every weekend, for the past many months
& today it just struck me to tally up the distance I am travelling each week, which went like :

Chennai -> Kerala (by train) : 809 kms // takes me 13.5 hours
Kerala -> Chennai (by train) : 809 kms
Home<->station commute : 26 kms // at Kerala and Chennai
Weekdays office<->home : 200 kms // 40kms per day
Travel at Kerala : 100 kms
---------
Total : 1944 kms

That is quite some travel, week after week, especially given the time spent on it. No regrets
though about the time/effort/money spent on this, since the 2 days I get to spend with my
son makes up for all the trouble.

But then, I am sure my friend Will would easily beat this measly record of mine, given the amount of travel he does to the US/Europe/Japan on business and pleasure. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment