Saturday, February 09, 2008

Too much of anything .....

It is snowing again in Tokyo since late evening today. I was feeling so fortunate to have
another chance of getting to see nature in such splendid form. So, I grab the camera and
get down to the ground floor of the Hilton.

But since it is dark, I am not sure the videos came out as good as they came out during the
last snowfall at Tono during daytime. Anyway, I take some snaps and videos and get back
to the cozy comfort of my room.

I am all excited about getting back home tomorrow. The flight is at 10:30AM and I have
booked a seat in the airport limousine bus that leaves the Hilton at 7:10AM. While Japan
is definitely a great place and I love snow and all, but there is no place like home, inspite
of its many shortcomings.

I see that somebody has left me a message on the phone and when I call back, it is the
airport limousine company. They say that if the roads are freezed over tomorrow morning,
then they might cancel the bus service. And if that is the case, they will inform me tomorrow
morning.

Great !!! This was the last thing I needed, just before getting back home. Taxi is not an option because it is a long way away and could cost quite a packet. And anyway, if the roads are not good enough for a bus, how is it going to be good for a car ?

Well, this is Japan and as long as the railway tracks are not iced up, it should not be an issue
at all. So, it would be the Narita express tomorrow, which in any case is atleast 30 mins faster
than the airport limousine.

Too much of anything (even if it is pristine white snow) is no good .........

No comments:

Post a Comment