Saturday, October 27, 2007

A serious case of paranoia ? :-)

To say that I am crazy about my car, would be a serious understatement. I can rather be
called car-fanatic or paranoid or some such serious name. The very first car accessory that
I bought the day I got my baby (yeah, that's my car) home from the dealer's was a full body
car cover. Mainly because my flat in Chennai did not have covered parking facility.

The guy I bought it from, used terms like 'parachute material' to describe the fabric from
which the cover was supposedly made of. Implying that it is really strong, durable etc etc.
Ofcourse there is nothing that a pen knife can't do to cause a tear in it. Or, maybe the sharp
handle-bars of a cycle ridden by a girl, as I was to discover soon.

Anyway, in the 938 days (ok, I made up that number - it's like 31 months) that my car
has been with me, there has not been a single day when the car was left uncovered. Rain
or shine, the car would be covered, when parked in our apartment complex.

I would have loved to keep it covered when parked at the office complex too. But, even
for my paranoid mind, that was taking it a little too far. So, had to make do with leaving
it uncovered and just giving it a glance-over every 2 hours when I would come down to
the basement to have a coffee. You know, just to ensure that she is safe and fine.

I thought I had no competition whatsoever in being paranoid about my vehicle. But,
that was only till I saw this at Yonago airport in Japan. Click on the pic to get a clear
picture.



Heck, I did not even know that there were helicopter-covers available in the market.

Hmm. Now this is surely a case of taking love to new heights. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment