Monday, July 16, 2007

Indian ingenuity at work. Again.

I had posted here about how we Indians make use of the missed call feature.

Came across another one yesterday. I had been to my hairdresser's saloon,
a few blocks from home, for a long overdue haircut.

I reach there to see that there are already 4 guys waiting in line. Since it would
take atleast 2 hours for my turn to come, I tell the guy that I will come later in
the afternoon when it will hopefully be not so busy.

He replies, "Sir, just leave your mobile number. I will give you a missed call,
when it becomes relatively free".

Hmm. Cellphones do make life easy, don't they ?

And he did give me a missed call around 2PM. But I still could not make it, due to
a surprise puncture of my bike tyre. Inspite of the trouble that a punctured tyre
puts you to (especially on a Sunday afternoon), something good did come out of it.

I will post about that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment