Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Apartment living

Living in an apartment complex has its own pros and cons, though I see more cons than pros.
The only pro that I see is that the security is pretty good due to having a dedicated security staff round the clock.

Reached my flat around 8PM from work as is the case on most days. While unlocking the door,

I could hear a heated argument going on in the next door flat. A family of four stay there - Dad,
Mom, 3 year old son and a 12 year old daughter. I could make out that the argument was

between Mom and daughter and had something to do with the TV.

Well, next morning, I met the Mom in the parking lot and during our chat she mentioned about
the argument which went something like this.

Daughter : When are you getting the cable connection for our TV ? I am bored watching the DD programmes.


Mom : Sometime soon.

Daughter : Thats what you have been saying for the past 2 years.

Mom : Well, we will get it soon.

Daughter: And how soon will this be ? Ater I am dead and gone ???

Thats tough words from a kid's mouth. Kids of today seem to be more knowledgeable than we were at that age. And they know what they want and how to get it.

Needless to say that they got cable the next day itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment