Sunday, October 10, 2010

Now this is one T20 I love.

While the T20 (Twenty-Twenty) format of cricket has been a big hit in India, with the IPL
raking in the moolah, I never felt the need to watch the game. Actually, I never felt the need to watch the other 2 formats (Test cricket or 50-over matches) of the game either.

Infact, the last match I really watched on TV was the Indian team bringing home in 1983 the Prudential Cup. We were in Assam then and TVs were a big deal. Not many homes had TVs and we watched the grainy relay of the match in the Officers Club of the organisation in which my Dad worked.

So, last week I was surprised to find a T20 format quite appealing. I was at Velachery on my way to work to pick up some colleagues who live there and they suggested we have breakfast at the newly opened Sangeetha restaurant on 100-feet road. Usually I have breakfast at the office pantry and the food is to put it midly, just tasteless.

So, we hit Sangeethas and my friends order the T20 package for Rs.20 each. It seems the restaurant being new, wanted to attract clientele and thus hit upon this novel idea of serving a decent breakfast at Rs20, comprising of an idli, a vada, a choice of Poori or dosai, pongal and a mini coffee. All this for Rs20 is unimaginable in Chennai, where it would cost you Rs.20 for a decent coffee itself. Check out the advt. in the hotel.



The food was good and a steal at Rs.20. I am sure this won't last long. So, if you are at Velachery, you know where to go for good affordable breakfast, in these times of inflation.