Sunday, February 28, 2010

So you have a Merc parked in the driveway. Big deal.

I had gone into town to finish off some work that was pending at the bank for a long time. After finishing my stuff, I remember that my Dad had wanted to buy a couple of cane-baskets (for working in the yard) and decided to drive down a few kms to the place where they weave these baskets.

The road meanders in curves with rubber-trees on the sides and the terrain switches from the plains to mildly hilly. I am driving enjoying the scenic beauty, when I come across this strange sight. In the driveway of a nice new house, towers the boom of a crane (called JCB in local lingo - the name coming from the manufacturer).


Ha, that was too good a sight to just drive by. So, I stop and take snaps. Instead of having cars parked in the driveway, this guy had a huuuuge crane parked.




Nice ride, but wonder how much trouble it would be to park the thing inside, ensuring that the boom of the crane does not damage any part of the home.