Thursday, January 24, 2008

Back in Tokyo

I am back in Tokyo for a 2-week official trip. How I wish, I could be here on a vacation,
even if it is for a week or even few days. Hmm. I guess instead of just wishing for miracles,
I should start planning for the same.

As usual, Tokyo is clean, beautiful and the denizens are courtesy-personified. Well, nothing
new in any of that, because that is the way Japan is and maybe one of the main reasons why
it attracts you again and again to it.

Like it does to my American colleagues, who can never tire of Japan and keep looking for a chance to drop in. I heard that William is somewhere here - not sure whether he returned
back to Canada. If not, it would be great to do the rounds of the karaoke bars with him this weekend.

The only difference between this visit and my last 2 visits, is that it is winter here and pretty
cold - it was around 2 deg Celsius when I landed at Narita. And the friendly hostess at the
Hilton mentioned that it even snowed in Tokyo yesterday. Snow... Now that sounds cool.

The only other place that excites me so much, at just the thought of visiting it, is Europe.

Hopefully, I will have quite some stuff for my posts here, in the coming 2 weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:04 PM

    Gald that you landed safely in Japan. 2deg C without snow seems to be a biting cold. The temperature is runnning into -ve celcius here in DC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:38 AM

    Yes, it sure was biting cold yesterday. And if I have to visit a customer who is like 2.5 hours by Bullet train from Tokyo, it is going to be hell - it is like -10 deg C there and snowing.

    Though I would still not mind a visit, just to have the bullet train and snow experience. :-)

    ReplyDelete