Friday, March 03, 2006

Why single out only the RSS for criticism ?

Reading my previous posts could give an impression that I am singling out only the RSS
(and thus only Hindu fundamentalist organisastions) for criticism. However, that is not
definitely the case and it is time I made my intentions clear.

I am against any form of religious fundamentalism, be it Hindu, Christian, Muslim or any
of the other religions in the world. I believe that religion is separate from politics and the

thrust of any religion should be to prompt its followers to do good. If a religion preaches
the so-called Golden Rule "Treat others as you would like to be treated", then I guess it
is worth following.

A religion should bring me closer to God, should teach me to be good towards other human beings, to lead a respectable life. If instead, a religion teaches me to kill my fellow human
being, I would rather stay away from it.

We do have fundamentalist / communal outfits from other religions also like the Indian
Union Muslim League and I am sure there must be some Christian outfits also (though I

do not know of any myself).

All these are abominable as far as I am concerned and can only do more harm than good
to our country. I hope that the Indian youth do not get caught in the web laid by these
so-called nationalists and have the prudence to avoid them.

No comments:

Post a Comment